Some pieces we carry are manufactured from solid wood, while many of our pieces combine the elegance of solid wood and the durability and functionality of wood veneers.
- Solid wood displays the natural beauty of the tree
- Depending on the type of wood, grain patterns, knots and burrs will be different and unique to the piece of furniture
- Whenever buying solid wood pieces we advise buying all furniture pieces at the same time. This enables the furniture to match as closely as possible. This is due to individual trees having varying characteristics.
- Solid wood pieces are also susceptible to warping if there are significant changes in temperature and humidity in the home.
- A wood veneer is a thin cut of real wood applied to a hard wood or inner board (mdf, particle board etc.)
- Gives a uniform or distinctive look to a piece of furniture.
- Lighter and easier to move than solid wood
Most of our ranges use a combination of solid wood and veneers and we do our best to represent all information accurately.
Lighting is key when planning your own home office. Too dark and you will strain your eyes and even struggle to stay awake. Too bright and you will cause unnecessary strain on your eyes!
Always try and position your desk as close as possible to a window.
See our range of lamps
See our range of ceiling lights
Caring for your furniture
The type of furniture dictates the level of care needed to protect your investment! We always recommend taking out our 5 Year Care Programme to protect your investment. However we do have some handy tips:
- Never place warm plates or cups directly onto the furniture – use quality place mats and coasters
- Wipe up spills immediately and avoid putting wet glasses or vases directly onto polished surfaces
- Never drag or push furniture – lift the item to avoid weakening the joints
- Do not tilt dining chairs on their back legs when sitting on them
- Avoid strong sunlight and excessive heat
- Always follow manufacturers guidelines
- Glass can simply be cleaned with glass cleaner or soapy water.
Our 5 year Care Programme